Better Breadboard Ends with the Festool Domino

I like to use my Domino.  It makes life in the shop so much easier and more efficient.  Very important things when you are trying to make a living building furniture.  So, I try to find as many uses for it as possible.  

I’ve used my Domino for breadboard ends for sometime now and I made a video on the process a few years ago.  I’ll link it below.  But recently I’ve come up with a better way to do breadboard ends with the Festool Domino.  Check the video below to see the new process and the video below it to see the old one.

Do you like the content I produce?  Want to help me?  Become a Patron.  I offer some cool rewards.

Building the Prism Table Base

If you’ve been following for work recently, you’ll know that I’ve been doing work for a client who enjoys modern furniture.  I built several credenzas in a particular style.  I’ve now built this table base for them in the same style and will begin building them three doors in the same style.


The video below shows just how I built the base. The piece of quartz on top of it weighs around 600 lbs.   It also features flip up doors on the short ends.  This allows access to the inside of the base.

If you enjoy my work, consider supporting it on Patreon.  My Patrons receive all kinds of cool rewards.  Give it a look.

Building a Table from Reclaimed Lumber

Recently I completed this dining room table.  It is made from 150 year old heart pine that was once a floor in a Baltimore Brownstone.

Reclaimed Heart Pine Top Reclaimed Heart Pine Whole Reclaimed Heart Pine

 

If you’d like to see how I built it, check out the video below.

Despite the relatively simple construction of this table building it was a surprisingly large amount of work.  Most of the work was upfront in preparing the lumber to be worked.  It was riddled with nails, staples and other dirt from being walked on for 150 years.  Before I could mill the lumber all of that, or at least as much of it as possible, needed to be removed.  This took a significant amount of time.

Once I was able to mill the lumber the rest of the build process was pretty simple.  Actually even more so than usual.  Because the lumber already had nail hole and other character I was able to use brad nails to attach the pine to the plywood substrate.  This isn’t something I generally do.  The natural character of the wood disguised the small blemishes created by the brad nails.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this build leave them in the comments below.