As you may know, I recently moved to a new shop where I’m building furniture full time. This gave me the opportunity to overhaul my old dust collection system. Previously the system used a 2hp single stage collector with 4″ flex hose running to all my machines. I was never happy with its performance and assumed it was the fault of the collector since my shop at the time was small and the runs were short.
The new system uses the same 2hp collector but the ducting is 6″ diameter HVAC metal ducting with 4″ diameter flex hose only at the tool. This system performs so much better than my old set up. I now blame the olds system poor performance solely on the flex hose.
Check out the video below to see how I installed the new system and look below the video for links to the products I used in building it.
Items used in building the dust collection system:
There are a few more pieces that i need to find again but this will get you started,
If you like what I do and are interested in helping out, consider supporting my work on Patreon.