I was recently commissioned to build a Trestle table. The only issue is that the client wanted the table to extend and accept a leaf in the middle. This is tricky as trestle tables generally aren’t able to extend due to the stretcher that goes between the two leg assemblies. Because of this I came up with a rail and guide system that allows the top to slide apart with out the base moving at all. Take a look at the video to see how I built the table.
If you are interested in any of the tools that I’ve used during this build visit the links below to get more information. These are Amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of my links you won’t pay anything extra but I’ll get a small kickback from Amazon.
- Festool 574447 XL DF 700 Domino Joiner Set
- Festool 498899 Assorted Domino Beech Tenons and Cutters in T-Loc Systainer
- Festool HK55 Crosscut Saw
- Festool FS Guide Rails 1400
- Grizzly G0715P Polar Bear Series Hybrid Table Saw with Riving Knife, 10-Inch
- Forrest WW10407125 Woodworker II 10-Inch 40 Tooth ATB .125 Kerf Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor
- INCRA LS32-TS TS-LS Table Saw Fence 32-Inch Range
- Grizzly G0555 The Ultimate Bandsaw, 14-Inch
- Grizzly H3051 Riser Block Kit for G0555
- Timber Wolf Bandsaw Blade 3/4″ x 105″, 3 TPI
- Ryobi P882 One+ 18v Lithium-Ion Drill and Impact Driver Kit
- Ryobi Cordless BRAD NAILER 18GA Model P320 [BASE TOOL ONLY] 18V Battery/Charger Not-Included
- Work Sharp WS3000 Wood Tool Sharpener
- Rockler 3-Piece Silicone Glue Brush Application Kit
- Fast Cap Glu-Bot Glue Bottle (16 ounces)
To see a list of all my tools visit http://mccauleysdesign.com/about/tools/
If you like the content I produce consider becoming a Patron over on Patreon!