2016 Woodworking Holiday Gift Guide Under $50
Every year people always ask what sort of gifts I would like for the holidays. Of course my mind immediately goes to woodworking, as does theirs. But buying gifts for a woodworker can be intimidating. We all have our own preferences and gifting something that falls within those preferences can be difficult.
This year, I’ve decided to put together a list of woodworking related gifts that can be purchased for the woodworker in your life. Or that the woodworker in your life can point you to for a little help. The majority of these gifts can be had for $50 or less!
- Corner Chisel – This is a super handy tool for cleaning up the corners of hinge mortises.
- Assorted Sand Paper – Every woodworker needs sand paper. It’s undeniable.
- CA Glue (Super Glue) and Activator – Glue is an essential part of woodworking.
- TiteBond Wood Glue – Again, glue is essential!
- FastCap Glue-Bot Applicator Bottle – This little bottle makes applying glue so much easier than out of the bottle it comes in.
- Honing Compound – Great for keeping tool edges sharp!
- Chisels – Even the most devote power tool woodworker needs a set of chisels!
- WorkSharp WS3000 Sharpening System – While this one is more expensive then $50 the woodworking in your life will love how easily they can keep their tool edges sharp with it.
- Kreg Pocket Hole Jig – Not everyone uses pocket holes all the time but they sure are handy and everyone has a use for them sometimes.
- Kreg K5 Pocket Hole Jig – This jig does the same thing as the previous one but it’s faster and easier to use.
- Pocket Hole Screws – If you are making pocket holes, you need the screws to go with them.
- Aluminum Bar Clamps (12″) – Ask any woodworker, you can never have enough clamps.
- Aluminum Bar Clamps (24″) – Same as the previous clamps, only twice as long.
- F Style Clamps – Not only do woodworkers need lots of clamps, they need several different types.
- Spring Clamps – Did I mention how important clamps are?
- Leather Strop – If you are using chisels or plane irons in your shop you need one of these, along with the honing compound to keep those edges sharp.
- Painter’s Pyramid – These things are great for finishing projects.
- Bench Cookies – Similar to the painter’s pyramid, these are great for keeping your work stationary while sanding or planing.
- Bench Dogs – A must have accessory for any workbench with 3/4″ diameter dog holes.
- Hold Fasts – Along with the bench dogs, if your woodworker uses a workbench these are a must have accessory! Be sure to buy two of them.
- Double Sided Carpet Tape – Every woodworker uses double sided tape. This is a great gift ideal.
- Dust Right Universal Small Port Hose Kit – This hose kit is great for attaching almost any tool to a shop vac or dust extractor.
This is just a small list of things that any woodworker would love to get as a gift for the holidays or any other occasion. I personally use many of these very same products or would love to have them in my shop. Buy with confidence for the woodworker in your life this year!
All of the links above are affiliate links. That means when you purchase something, anything, through a link I’ve provided I’ll receive a small kick back from Amazon at no extra cost to you. Thanks for the support.